Connected Self’s Innovative Community Participation Program is designed to support NDIS participants to build skills to actively participate in their community. Through side-by-side practice, the program involves highly skilled Community Engagement Practitioners who assist participants to expand their opportunities for community participation and employment. Community Engagement Practitioners adopt a capacity-building, community-based approach by working with participants in their local community to increase the likelihood of uptake and successful transition away from the service to informal supports and/or employment.
Community Engagement Practitioners maintain a focus on resilience, wellbeing and personal growth to successfully connect to the community, however each service is tailored to best suit the participant, and their goals, to allow them to get the most out of the service.
How to access Innovative Community Participation
Miss Bella Support Services are a registered NDIS provider and are able to provide Innovative Community Participation support to portal-managed (NDIS-Managed), plan-managed and self-managed NDIS participants. The Support Item Number for Innovative Community Participation is 09_008_0116_6_3 and the NDIA categorises it under Capacity Building: Increased Social and Community Participation.
What does innovative community participation look like?
Salt offers the following support:
- Cooking classes where you can learn new skills, techniques and recipes. You can access this community participation program through your NDIS funding
- Food relief community dinners and food distribution that are free to attend and are for those who don’t have food on the table
What are some examples of how innovative community participation can help you?
- Meet your basic needs through our food relief programs to increase your capacity
- Learn new skills or build on your existing skills to give you more independence in your life
- Socialise and make connections, create a network of friends and
- Network and find out about new opportunities and supports that you can be involved in
- Increase you independence and ability to live on your own and look after yourself
How can I access this support?
If you have Capacity Building funding for “Increased Social and Community Participation” in your NDIS plan then you can access this support from us. Funding in your plan is flexible and is used to meet your needs, if you would like this support then let you Support Coordinator and Support Worker know.
Let our experienced Miss Bella Support Services help your family today. Contact our team to learn more!